Saturday, April 21, 2012

Return to Innocence

Blogging has taken a backseat to life in the past months. But I just re-read my entire blog, and I have a new motivation to resume writing here...in this virtual space--the blogging playroom. And for no other reason than my own gratification...I am glad I have this record of my thoughts, feelings, and struggles. For myself.

The past several months have been intensely hard. But in a good way. I've been struggling through some seriously heavy stuff in my analysis (intensive therapy), and am feeling, finally, freer than I've ever been in my life. Thank f'n god!

What has been so awesome about my newfound emotional freedom, really, is my increased joy in parenting. The happier and less tormented I am, the happier my children seem. These days, my kids are where it's at.

I know I have written this in the past, but my children constantly offer me the chance to heal. As I've been struggling lately, my sons have given me deep emotional comfort and support...by simply being there, wanting, needing, and loving me. Their joyful innocence brings me back to my own. It heals me at my core.

Return to the innocence, baby.
Return to the innocence.


4 comments:

  1. Hello! Lovely to read this post from you. Always, always write for you and thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, CBHM!
    I'll keep sharing, and will hope you don't run for the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back, GEM. I too want to continue to write for me, and I've had a hard time getting back to the blog. This post inspires me to try again. This summer's my time to get back. Thanks for your courage to put it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do, GTM! I like reading your blog!! (But I know it's hard to find time for online composing while you're also rushing around for work and kids...and simultaneously attempting to maintain household toilet paper supplies!!)

    ReplyDelete